Recipe: Beefy Potato Mix
Do you ever get sick of rice? If you’re West African especially, it feels like rice is the go-to meal. In the beginning of this year, I vowed to go a few weeks without rice just so I could get a break and explore other meals. If you’re looking for a quick and easy non-rice recipe to whip up for yourself, this one is a sure thing. I used beef in this recipe, but a healthier alternative would be to use chicken breast instead. Enjoy!
3 large potatoes – peeled and diced
Raw pork/beef – diced into small pieces
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ginger spice
1/2 tsp garlic spice
2 tbsps canola oil
1 small onion – sliced
1 habanero pepper – chopped
Seasonal vegetables (peas, green beans, bell peppers)
Low sodium soy sauce
1. Put potatoes in large pot with water and salt and boil till potatoes are tender. Drain excess water.
2. Season meat with a pinch of salt, ginger, garlic, rosemary and black pepper spices.
3. In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the meat in the pan for ten minutes or until fully cooked.
4. Add onions, peppers, seasonal veggies and soy sauce and cook until tender.
5. Combine potatoes with meat and serve immediately.
January 09, 2019
December 17, 2018
December 14, 2018